What is CyberKnife®?
The CyberKnife® System represents the next generation of radiosurgery systems. This very precise radiation treatment that can pinpoint and destroy tumors deep inside your body with:
- No incisions
- Minimal side effects
- No pain
- Immediate return to normal activity
CyberKnife® has the unprecedented ability to provide to patients an effective therapy for many different tumors that cannot be treated with traditional surgery or other modalities because of an unacceptably high risk of complications. The sites that can be treated with the CyberKnife® include cancers of the prostate, lung, brain, spine, liver, pancreas, and kidney. The CyberKnife® also provides patients with the option to non-invasively treat benign conditions including trigeminal neuralgia, acoustic neuromas, meningiomas, and pituitary adenomas. In addition, doctors have used the system to treat non-cancerous conditions.
This proven, advanced technology was developed by Accuray Incorporated, a global leader in the field of radiosurgery. The company is reporting new and promising results in clinical trials. Doctors are successfully treating a growing number of cancers throughout the body using CyberKnife®.
- FDA approved
- Non-invasive, outpatient procedure
- Accurate to within less than 1/25 of an inch (sub-millimeter)
- Accuracy equal to Gamma Knife, but without using a frame screwed into the skull
- Corrects for patient and tumor movement with continuous image guidance technology
- Can treat cancerous tumors and non-cancerous conditions throughout the body
To learn if you're a candidate for CyberKnife® cancer treatment: Call 734-712-HOPE (4673)
We treat the areas listed below using Cyberknife.
Useful external links featuring CyberKnife®:
CyberKnife® Patient Support Group