With a growing, national reputation for clinical excellence and quality outcomes, Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS) is a recognized leader in digestive medicine and surgery. Primary care physicians, surgeons and sub-specialists throughout Michigan and the Midwest, regularly refer digestive disease patients to SJMHS. Our digestive care team provides diagnostic and interventional therapies that focus on the individual needs of patients.
Comprehensive capabilities within a single health care system:
- Managing high volumes of digestive disease cases
- Offering refined expertise in the full spectrum of digestive disorders
- Utilizing the most advanced endoscopic, surgical and imaging technologies
- Treating the most common to the most complex and rare conditions
A seamless multi-disciplinary team
The SJMHS culture emphasizes patient care through dynamic collaboration among board certified:
- Gastroenterologists & hepatologists
- Colorectal & hepatobiliary surgeons
- Interventional gastroenterologists & radiologists
- Surgical, ostomy & oncology nurses
A referral to SJMHS for digestive care means access to this multidisciplinary approach. It provides a synergy of knowledge and skills that delivers an umbrella of optimal care to your patients, covering all their needs within our health care system.
Convenient access to consultation and care
The entire digestive care team prides itself on accessibility to referring physicians and their patients, providing state-of-the-art services and technology at a network of hospitals and ambulatory sites conveniently located in Southeastern Michigan.
From treatment of pancreatic biliary disease and patient support groups—to endoscopic ultrasound and office-based imaging—SJMHS is ready to help you and your patients fight digestive disease.