This free interactive program is designed to teach and inspire student to make choices that will have an impact of life long heart health.
Primary focus will be on heart and lung disease and the effect of smoking.
In this program students will have the opportunity to:
- Touch a diseased lung
- Participate in the dissection of a pig lung/heart block
- Observe heart and lungs in motion
- View the inside of a carotid artery through an actual ultrasound
- Receive a “hands on” and “up front” experience that will give them a life long appreciation of the physiology of some of our body’s most critical organs.
It is our goal to:
- Provide a free program that educates students regarding the real life dangers of smoking and heart disease.
- Motivate students to make choices that will positively impact their health and well-being.
- Expose them to the variety of career opportunities in the health care field.
This program is sure to get your students’ attention and keep them talking for weeks to come! Best of all, Healthy Hearts 101 is free to all those who attend.