Quality is key to the care we provide our patients. And in order to insure the level of quality care our cardiovascular patients need, we routinely collect and review cardiovascular data. Then we identify opportunities for improvement and make changes to the process as needed.
We also benchmark our standards against other programs in the country. And we continue to explore ways to improve our clinical services for our patients. Our staff delivers compassionate care—care that’s consistent with evidence-based practice and current research. That’s peace of mind for you and your family.
To maintain the superior quality of our programs and services, we voluntarily submit data that’s used for quality improvement and for reporting to regulatory agencies. These agencies include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiovascular Consortium
- Society of Thoracic Surgery National Registry
- Global Registry for Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Joint Commission for Accreditation of Hospitals Core Measures
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Quality Institute
- National Research Corporation Patient Satisfaction
Please view our performance on these nation quality performance measures: