This comprehensive medical facility provides specialized treatment for those who have a disability. Our goal: To help patients and their families work toward the highest level of function possible. Diagnoses include traumatic brain injury, stroke and other neurological disorders, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic disorders.
The 35 bed St. Joseph Mercy Rehabilitation Unit is one of Michigan’s largest medical rehabilitation units.
We offer patients intensive, individualized treatment:
- A comprehensive evaluation by a physiatrist (physician who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation)
- A functional evaluation by the rehabilitation team
- A treatment plan addressing the unique needs of the patient:
- Restoring function
- Learning to compensate for lost skills
- Counseling to adjust to multiple challenges
- Testing of new skills
- A post-discharge plan for outpatient services, day treatment, home care or extended care, facility-based treatment
Hours of Operation/Admitting:
We care about the special needs of disabled patients; that’s why the St. Joseph Mercy Rehabilitation Unit operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Patients who are appropriate candidates for the unit are admitted as quickly as possible. Preference is given to patients who are currently acute inpatients at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital.
For more information please call 734-712-8674.