St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hosts Annual Pro Am
Celebrities and players aim to raise $150,000 for state-of-the-art
hybrid operating room
*Excellent photo opportunity*
CANTON, Mich. – The 16th annual St. Joe’s Pro Am is slated for Monday, June 24 at Pheasant Run Golf Club, located at 46500 Summit Parkway in Canton.
Funds raised at this year's event will benefit the new St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Outpatient Surgery Center currently being constructed. The committee's goal is to raise $150,000 to support the state-of-the-art hybrid operating room, which will allow cardiologists, radiologists, and cardiac, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons to coordinate procedures for patients who need intensive heart and vascular interventions. This will greatly benefit patients by reducing the number of times one has to go under general anesthesia, decreasing risk of infection and combining recovery periods.
Leading the Pro Am’s philanthropic efforts with $5,000 Eagle Sponsorships are Gil-Mar Manufacturing and Meijer.
Celebrity Appearances and Photo/Interview Opportunities:
· Hockey great Ted Lindsay, the Pro Am’s Chair Emeritus
· Four-time Stanley Cup Champion, former Detroit Red Wing player and assistant coach, Joe Kocur
· James Wisniewski, defenseman for the Columbus Blue Jackets
· Lila Lazarus, health reporter and television personality
· Jeff Lesson, sports anchor and host of “Lesson on Golf”
· Olympic gold medal ice dancing pair, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir
· Photos of a full field of more than 250 players
· Interviews with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System key leaders
· Interviews with St. Joe’s Pro Am chair Dave LaVigne of Gil-Mar Manufacturing
Registration and continental breakfast begins at 8 a.m. and a shotgun start follows at 9 a.m. The St. Joe’s Pro Am will conclude with a cocktail reception, awards dinner and silent auction.
Sponsorships and dinner tickets are available for purchase as well. For more information or to participate, please contact the St. Joseph Mercy Office of Development at 734-712-4040.
# # #