The Department of Pathology and Clinical Laboratories provides diagnostic and consultative services in all areas of surgical pathology, cytopathology, hematology, coagulation, immunohematology, blood banking, clinical chemistry, clinical microbiology, virology, autopsy, and forensic pathology. Department members are available at all times for consultation in the areas of pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists
- Accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks
- Accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act
- Registered with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Physicians' office courier service: couriers from the clinical laboratory make regularly scheduled and stat pickups of specimens at referring physicians' offices or clinics; specimens are transported to the clinical laboratories for testing
- Outpatient laboratory satellites for convenient specimen collection
- In-home phlebotomy service for non-ambulatory patients
- Supplies necessary for procurement of specimens, furnished to physicians at no additional charge
- Laboratory requisitions available, pre-printed with the physician's name, identifying computer code, address, and other information desired by the physician or their office staff
- Communication of recent advances in laboratory medicine through our technical bulletin for physicians, called Lab Line
Print out a list of all Clinical Lab Locations, serving Ann Arbor, Brighton, Canton, Chelsea, Fowlerville, Howell, Milan, Plymouth, Saline and Ypsilanti areas.
Consultative Services in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Information, Referral, and Scheduling
Our Client Services Representatives work with physician offices to arrange routine and customized services. To reach a representative, please call 734-712-3141 or 800-528-8755.