St. Joseph Mercy Hospice is currently seeking caring, compassionate individuals who are interested in providing respite support to our Hospice families. A time commitment of 2-4 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months is requested. Training is offered three times a year in both the Livingston and Ann Arbor offices. Check out the list of available opportunities. If you are interested or would like more information please call 734-327-3410 or 517-540-9129.
Volunteers are a vital and necessary part of the Hospice team. Volunteers, along with other members of the Hospice team, help ensure quality of life for our Hospice patients and their families. Hospice volunteers are trained to support the Hospice clinical staff, patients and families during a difficult time of life.
Please download our Volunteer Application, fill it out and send it to us at:
St. Joseph Mercy Hospice
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
Washtenaw Medical Arts Building
3075 Clark Road, Suite 200
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
If you would like to learn more about our volunteer opportunities, please call the volunteer coordinator at 734-327-3200.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Complete a background check & fingerprinting screen (Paid for by SJMH).
- Complete a health screen & 2 step tuberculin test through our employee health services department. (Paid for by SJMH).
- Receive an annual flu vaccine (Volunteers will be asked to show proof of these vaccines or can be provided the vaccines by employee health services)
- Receive the Tdap vaccine (Volunteers have the opportunity to complete a declination form for health issues & religious beliefs regarding the flu vaccine)
- Sign the HIPAA & Confidentiality Agreements.
- Attend a 1-hour volunteer interview with the Hospice Volunteer Office.
- Complete the online Hospice Volunteer Training.
- Provide a copy of your driver’s license and proof of car insurance for your file.
- Receive a SJMH Name Badge and Volunteer Kit